When I retired from SQT just under two years ago, there was some discussion about what my next role would be. I briefly played with the idea of being SQT’s coach, a position that actually existed in the early days of Quidditch. But with the experienced Darcey Goode and unlimitedly talented Will Lestrange at the helm, I’m not sure how much I would have been able to do for the team.
Even as the words, “I could Seek,” escaped from my vocal cords, I’m not sure I really saw myself becoming the team’s Seeker, even for just one game. This was a position reserved for the Calindra V. Riddles, the Allison Jennifer Blacks, the Faye Rodericks of the world. And while I hope that years from now, my name is spoken by Slytherin Quidditch players with that same type of reverence, it will definitely be for my skills with the Quaffle, not the Snitch. [READ MORE]
To receive 10 beans, send your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: March 2018 Trivia Trial)
1. In which month did several of the Mandrakes throw a loud and raucous party in greenhouse three?
2. When Harry, Ron and Hermione entered the Magical Menagerie in book 3, what was a wizard getting advice on?
3. Dudley is described as being roughly the same size and weight as what (Book 4)?
4. What time did Lockhart start signing copies of Magical Me in Diagon alley?
5. What was Peeves making students do if they wanted to pass through the fourth floor door on the day of the first Apparating lessons?
6. Who are the most successful League team?
7. What does Dumbledore tell Harry that the happiest man in the world would see in the Mirror of Erised?
8. What did Ernie Macmillan do the first time he tried to Apparate?
9. Who emerged from behind a nearby tree, when Harry was marching to meet Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest?
10. In the Sorting Hat's song in book 5, Slytherin is willing to teach?
Graphic by Gail Allen
Graphic by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Graphic by Shiloh Adlar
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.